Sometimes in the winter months, we must rely on our creativity to provide relief. These colorful recipes are healthy, anti-inflammatory and aesthetically pleasing.
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, diced, drained
- 1 1/2 cups diced seeded watermelon
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 10 ounces feta cheese, broken
- into small cubes (about 2 1/2 cups), divided
- 2 green onions, chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves, divided
- 1/2 cup plain Greek- style yogurt
Combine first five ingredients with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in bowl. To this, add half of the cheese, onions and mint. in a food processor, mix the remaining cheese, onions and mint with yogurt. Simply blend. Add a dash of salt, pepper and cayenne if you like spice. Mix with salad.