Many people take stress tests every day of their lives. These tests are both intentional and unintentional. Driving to work and getting heated at the other drivers, unintentional stress test. Going to work and writing on a deadline, intentional stresses test. As I was perusing the database of my mind, it came to me. Why not write about taking an online stress test? I surely wouldn’t be the first super geek to do so. I opened my browser and typed “stress test” in the search bar. Click search. BAM! 154,000,000 search results. Scanning. Scanning.. Scanning… Fifth result down I saw it: Take Our Online Stress Test – Measure Your Stress Levels Now. A stress test brought to us by our British Pals. This ought to be fun. No registration required!
Passing Life’s Stress Test
10 questions – Here we go.
In the LAST MONTH, how often have you:
(Answers options were: Never, Almost Never, Sometimes, Fairly Often and Very Often)
- Been upset because of something that happened un-expectantly?
- Felt that you were unable to control important things in your life?
– Almost Never
- Felt nervous and ‘stressed’?
- Felt Confident about your ability to handle your personal problems?
– Fairly Often
- Felt things were going your way?
- Felt that you could NOT cope with all the things you had to do?
- Been able to control irritations in your life?
- Felt that you were on top of things?
- Been angered because of things that happened that were out of you control?
– Fairly Often
- Felt difficulties were piling up so high that you could not overcome them?
The results were interesting. I scored a 19 out of 40 where 40 is the highest possible stress level possible. So the test was pretty accurate as I think my stress level is about mid level. It isn’t so bad that I cannot control things, but it could be better. There is an option (as seen below) for you to register or find out more. I opted not to do that but you can if you take the test. So what did you score? How are your stress levels? And, perhaps more importantly, how do you lower them?
Have you taken a similar stress test? I look forward to your comments.