Recent studies have shown that women, in particular, who consume low-fat or fat-free milk on a regular basis have an increased chance of delaying the onset of knee osteoarthritis. This is good news, as according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 26 million people in the U.S. over the age of 25 suffer from this type of pain and swelling.
According to this research, the best results were seen in patients who consumed 7+ 8-ounce glasses of milk per week. 1 glass a day may not seem like a lot, but what if you are someone who dislikes the taste of plain milk, or gets bored easily? Try a flavored version, made with natural ingredients!
This strawberry-flavored milk is so simple to make at home, and boasts an extra hit of vitamin c, potassium, folate, and fiber!
INGREDIENTS (Makes approximately 6 cups)
- 4 cups low-fat or fat-free milk
- 2 cups chopped strawberries with tops removed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and pulse until smooth.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve to remove any strawberry seeds (if you don’t mind the seeds, you can leave the mixture, as is!).
- Store in glass jars, in the refrigerator, for 3-5 days.
Do you enjoy strawberry milk?