Given that this is National Grilling Month, firing up the barbecue is an absolute must! Grilled hamburgers and hot dogs are classic crowd favorites this time of year, but how about trying quick-cooking grilled shrimp instead?
The grilled shrimp here take their flavor from a marinade of lemon juice, honey, and teriyaki sauce, all of which help to create a nice “crust” on the shrimp as soon as they are placed on the grill. Serve them on a bed of rice or alongside a simple green salad for a light, but satisfying meal. Take heart in the fact that not only is this recipe easy to prepare, but grilled shrimp is low in calories and high in antioxidants too!
Grilled Honey Teriyaki Shrimp (Serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Pinch of dried red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1-pound (about 20-24) peeled and deveined shrimp
- Combine the lemon juice, teriyaki sauce, honey, parsley, red pepper flakes, and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Add the shrimp and cover. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and allow the shrimp to marinate for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile, heat your grill (or grill pan, if you are working indoors!).
- Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side. Cook times will vary depending on the size of your shrimp, but the shrimp should be pink, and start to turn inward, when they are fully cooked. Serve hot or at room temperature.
What’s your favorite grilled recipe?