If you have a jar of curry powder in your pantry, you can make a number of meals with just one spice! It becomes a pungent broth for soup when stirred into stock, or the base of a creamy stew when mixed with a can of coconut milk. You can roast chickpeas with a pinch of curry powder for a healthy snack, or use it to flavor a yogurt-based sauce that pairs perfectly with cruciferous vegetables.
Here, cauliflower and broccoli are combined with said sauce, topped with breadcrumbs and baked casserole-style. This makes an excellent healthy side dish or a full vegetarian meal when served with rice. The best part about this recipe is the ease of prep; chop the vegetables, mix the sauce, pop in the oven, and let it do all of the work for you!
Easy Curry Cauliflower Casserole (Serves 4)
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chopped cauliflower and broccoli in a baking dish.
- Mix the vegetable stock, yogurt, and curry powder together, and pour the mixture over the cauliflower and broccoli. Toss gently to coat.
- Top the vegetables with breadcrumbs and cheese (if using).
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through, the sauce is bubbling, and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Do you have curry powder in your spice drawer already?