Looking for a recipe that your kids will love to help you make and eat too? Try this recipe for granola coated in spices and mixed dried fruit!
This recipe requires little else than the ability to measure and mix. Plus, it’s a healthier alternative than a store-bought variety. Oats are a concentrated source of fiber and nutrients while providing energy and stamina. Start your day with a granola-topped bowl of yogurt, or grab a handful when you’re on the go. It’s the perfect anytime snack for you and the kiddos!
Crunchy Cinnamon Granola
INGREDIENTS (Makes 3.5 cups)
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, coconuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and spices, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey and melted butter in a separate bowl, and pour it over the oat mixture. Stir well.
- Spread the oat mixture out on the baking sheet. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven, and allow to cool.
- Once cool, break up the granola, and mix in the dried fruit. Store in an airtight container.
What are your favorite snacks to make with your kids?