What could be better than being able to put a cozy meal on the table that requires six ingredients and a mere five minutes of prep time? Not a whole lot, especially when said meal can be served in a variety of ways; as a stew or a soup or as a pasta sauce!
This crock pot recipe calls for white beans (use any variety you like!), which are a workhorse when it comes to thickening this sauce and adding protein to this dish overall. While onions, carrots, and celery are staples in Bolognese sauce, feel free to add extra vegetables like mushrooms and peppers to the mix to make it your own!
Crock Pot Bean Bolognese (Serves 4)
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can white beans (such as Cannellini, Great Northern, or Navy)
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- Pasta (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot set on low. Cook for approximately 4-6 hours until all ingredients are tender. Serve as a chunky stew (add a ½ cup water to the mix if you prefer a looser consistency!) or as a sauce on top of cooked pasta.
What’s your favorite crock pot meal?