Have a headache? Try adding a shot of coffee into your next meal!
The pain from migraine headaches, in particular, is commonly caused by widened blood vessels pressing against nerves. The caffeine in it can sometimes help to alleviate head pain because it can reduce the size of the blood vessels.
In this case, less is more however, as too much caffeine will dehydrate you and further exasperate symptoms. Experts recommend sipping on one small cup of joe or better yet, incorporating a little bit of it into a recipe.
This parfait has the added benefit of including fresh mint, which has also been shown to relax blood vessels and minimize tightening in both the neck and head. With very few ingredients, and little to no prep time, you can make this dish ASAP, and expect relief within 20 minutes.
Coffee And Mint Yogurt Parfait
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons brewed coffee
- 3-4 drops peppermint Stevia (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- For garnish: coffee granules and fresh mint
- Combine the yogurt, coffee, and stevia (if using) in a small bowl.
- In a small glass, layer the yogurt with the pecans, alternating until you get to the top.
- Garnish with coffee granules and fresh mint.
What are your favorite parfait recipes?