Feeling down…and like you might reach for a container of ice cream? Consider blending up this super creamy citrus avocado smoothie, instead. Not only is this smoothie good for you, but the ingredients in it have the potential to enhance your mood, too!
The base of this recipe – and the thing that will ultimately give your drink its creaminess – is an avocado. Avocados are nutritional powerhouses when it comes to combating stress, as they contain glutathione, which blocks intestinal absorption of specific fats that cause oxidative damage, as well as high concentrations of beta-carotene, folate, and vitamin E. With citrus, and a boost of vitamin C to boot, this smoothie should have you feeling sunshiny good in no time!
Citrus Avocado Smoothie (Serves 1-2)
- 1 avocado, sliced in half, with pit and skin removed
- 1 banana
- 1 small orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup milk of choice (almond, cashew, coconut, skim, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and pulse until smooth. Serve, sip, and recharge!
What’s your favorite smoothie recipe?