Almond butter is a fantastic source of protein, as well as monounsaturated fats (AKA, a “good” fat), yet contains less saturated fat than peanut butter. For those who are allergic to peanuts, almond butter is also a near perfect ingredient swap for traditional PB.
In a green smoothie, almond butter acts as a natural sweetener and thickener. With a banana added in, and anti-inflammatory spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, this is an optimal green smoothie to sip on post-workout, or any time you need a burst of energy!
Almond Butter Green Smoothie (Serves 1)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- (Optional) 1 tablespoon ground flax meal or chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
Have you tried making a green smoothie before?