If you plan on working out immediately after breakfast, consider starting your morning with a bowl of baked eggs. When it comes to whole foods, eggs have a “biological value” of 100. This means that when measured by the ability of available proteins to be used by the body, eggs get a perfect score! Having a hit of protein before your workout can help to build muscle, as well as encourage weight loss.
This recipe for herb-baked eggs takes only a few minutes to prepare, so you can gather your belongings while it bakes, eat a wholesome meal, and be off to work out in no time!
5-Minute Herb-Baked Eggs
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 eggs
- Sprinkle of garlic powder, dried thyme, dried oregano, dried parsley, and dried dill
- Set your oven to “Broil” mode, on low.
- Coat the bottom of a small baking dish with the butter and milk.
- Crack the eggs on top of butter and milk combination (or crack in a separate bowl, and pour on top). Sprinkle with garlic and dried herbs.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Have you ever eaten eggs for a pre-workout protein boost?