Make Awesome Mexican Mole Sauce
Chocolate contains antioxidants – which protect the body from cancer and heart disease-causing free radicals – and flavonoids, which help reduce blood pressure. Try one of these two recipes containing chocolate. both are healthy and may add some spice to your life!
- 1 small can of ancho chile sauce
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup diced prunes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon each: cinnamon, ground cloves, dried oregano, cumin, ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water (or more, as needed)
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
Sauté onion in vegetable oil until translucent; add garlic spices and herbs stirring constantly for 30 seconds – being mindful not to let the spices burn. Transfer these to a blender with chile sauce, tomatoes, prunes, salt, pepper and water. Puree. Slowly add in chocolate with more water until the sauce is the desired consistency.