I'm 16 years old and i've been in constant full body chronic pain for almost two years

Discussion in 'Chronic Pain' started by Erin, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Erin

Erin New Member

Hi,
    I'm kind of new to this whole sharing my emotions and hardships with other people thing so just bear with me. I was diagnosed with moderate-severe Ulcerative Colitis in 2015 and although the disease itself is in remission, I still experience lingering effects from the medications and body trauma. My pain started after my first colonoscopy, and was centered around my abdomen. One month and three failed medications later, I started getting a piercing pain in my lower back which, as you can probably guess, did not go away. Then, one month later, I was admitted to the hospital for two days for complications related to my abdominal pain. I was seen by a rhumatologist (not sure if I spelled that right) to see if it was anything arthritis related as I had also started to get pain in my hips and my knees. When I was discharged because the doctors essentially gave up and just decided to send me home, that's when the pain started to get absolutly horrible. For the next four plus months I was almost always confined to a wheelchair, couldn't write, couldn't focus, and could barely move. It was without a doubt the worst thing that I have ever had to endure in my entire life. Fast forward to 2017, I had exausted all of my original hospial's resources and was switched to another hospital which proved to be much more helpful and considerate. I'm currently on a pain treatment program which may include a three to six week pain rehab program in the near future if things do not improve. I'm absolutly at my wit's end with all of this and I would really appreciate some advice from some more experienced people on this site.

Your's truly,
    A chronically ill train wreck =}

2. Marian

Marian New Member

Hi, I have a daughter in constant pain and realize how isolating it can be. Good luck with the treatment plan. My daughter (20, constant migraine) tries to do some movement each day - yoga or Pilates- to feel connected to her body and a little stronger when facing other symptoms.