Hui Kang, MD
- Board Certified in Anesthesiology
- Board Certified in Pain Medicine
Dr. Hui Kang Education and experience
Dr. Hui Kang began his medical education at Texas Tech Health Science Center. He completed his internship and residency in the University Hospitals of Cleveland before becoming a fellow with that institution in 2008. Dr. Kang is a diplomate with the American Board of Anesthesiology and has worked as chief operating officer, manager, and on the medical executive committee at the Creekside Surgery Center.
Dr. Hui Kang specializes in minimally-invasive pain management techniques utilized as a part of a patient’s individualized pain management plan. These techniques include:
- Epidural and facet blocks
- Myofascial trigger point injection
- Nerve block, somatic
- Nerve destruction by neurolytic agent
- Peripheral nerve block
- Spinal nerve block
Dr. Hui Kang’s work in the community
Dr. Hui Kang is an asset to the community in which he lives and works. In addition to his compassionate and comprehensive pain management, Dr. Kang is trilingual in English, Spanish, and Korean. His superior communication skills translate into the ability to truly listen to the needs of his patients.
To stay involved in the local pain community, Dr. Kang is a member of both the Houston Pain Chapter of the Texas Pain Society and the Harris County Medical Society. Dr. Kang is also professionally affiliated with the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians.
Dr. Kang was my pain management guru in 2015. I’ve since moved to Pennsylvania but these guys are pale in comparison to Dr. Kang. I am willing to fly/drive to the Woodlands just to have Dr. Kang take care of my neck and lower back pain. The man is a Godsend.
Dr. Hui Kang: Research and honors
Dr. Hui Kang’s work has been featured in many different publications and conferences, including:
- Kang, R. Doubler. “Intrapartum ultrasound-guided drainage of fetal ascites: a case report.” American Society of Anesthesiologist: October 2006 – Chicago, IL.
- Kang, R. Doubler. “Intrapartum ultrasound-guided drainage of fetal ascites: a case report.” Midwest Anesthesia Residents Conference: March 2006 – Chicago, IL.
- Kang, C. Forrest. “Implantable cardioverter defibrillators and long QT syndrome in pregnancy: a case report.” Midwest Anesthesia Residents Conference: March 2005 – Madison, WI.
- Aronowski, R. Strong, H. Kang, J. Grotta. “Selective up-regulation of I kappaB-alpha in ischemic penumbra following focal cerebral ischemia.” Neuroreport. 2000 May 15; 11(7): 1529-33.
- Zhang, P.Gardina, A. Kuebler, H. Kang, J. Christopher, M. Manson. “Model of maltose-binding protein/chemoreceptor complex supports intrasubunit signaling mechanism.” Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1999 Feb 2; 96(3): 939-44.
Some of the honors awarded to Dr. Hui Kang include:
- Top 10 Doctor – Metro Area (2014): Greater Houston Anesthesiologist
- Top Doctor – City (2014): Houston, Texas Anesthesiologist
- On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
- Healthgrades Honor Roll
- Outstanding Resident Award, 2007
- Faculty Achievement Award, 2003
- Co-Chief of Service, 2008
For Dr. Hui Kang, the biggest honor and best success story is simple. In Dr. Kang’s own words:
“I like the fact that I can ‘give’ a person’s life back through combination of medicines and interventional procedures. There are many classically viewed success stories, but I experience success every day. Whether it is performing injections with immediate reduction of pain or decreasing medications and dependency, any and all improvements are celebrated as one step closer for a patient to live life to the fullest.”
Call any one of Dr. Hui Kang’s three clinic locations to make an appointment with this pain doctor today.