Brannon R. Frank, MD
- Board Certified in Pain Medicine
- University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, TX
Dr. Brannon Frank graduated Summa Cum Laude from Texas A&M and received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, TX. Dr. Frank completed a fellowship in Interventional Pain Management and a residency in Anesthesiology at the prestigious Emory University in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Frank also served as the Medical Director for Austin Pain Associates, a medical director for Stonegate Surgery Center and President of the Austin Pain Society.
Dr. Frank was elected as the 2016-2018 Vice President for the Austin Chapter of the Texas Pain Society, a non-profit organization of over 350 pain management practitioners. In 2015 the Kyle Award Program awarded him the Best of Kyle Award as a physician. Dr. Frank is honored that Austin Monthly magazine named him as one of the “Top Doctors 2013” for Pain Medicine in the Austin area.
- Emory University, Department of Anesthesiology, Atlanta, Georgia. Pain Management Fellowship. August 2003 to July 2004.
- Emory University, Department of Anesthesiology, Atlanta, Georgia. Anesthesiology Residency. July 2000 to June 2003.
- Atlanta Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia. Internship – Transitional Year. July 1999 to June 2000.
- University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB), Galveston, Texas. Medical Doctorate. August 1995 to June 1999.
- Texas A&M University (TAMU), College Station, Texas. Bachelor of Arts, Biology, Summa Cum Laude. September 1991 to May 1995.
- “Best of Kyle Award 2016”, Physician category – Named in Kyle Award Program October 2016
- “Best of Kyle Award 2015”, Physician category – Named in Kyle Award Program April 2015
- “Top Doctor 2013” – Named in January 2013 issue of Austin Monthly magazine
- Second place: Literature review at GAARRC, 2002
- Dean’s List, UTMB: 1996-1997, 1997-1998
- Texas Pain Society (Austin Chapter): Vice-President, April 2016 – Present
- Austin Pain Associates: Medical Director, January 2011 – October 2016
- Stonegate Surgery Center: Medical Director, December 2009 – December 2011
- Austin Pain Society: President, January 2010 – December 2010
- Austin Pain Society: President Elect, September 2008 – December 2009
- Austin Pain Society: Secretary, November 2007 – August 2008
- American Medical Association/Texas Medical Association (UTMB Medical School Chapter): Treasurer, 1996-1997
It has been two years since my initial office visit, you all have changed my life tremendously! Words can’t express how grateful I am to be in your care. I had such a scare with a pain management practice before, but you all have given me a whole new outlook on the practice in general. Dr. Frank, from the first moment you walked in the exam room, you pointed out the first issue at hand (my weight) which in turn has been the common denominator in the majority of my health issues. You gave me options and opened my eyes to other alternative methods.
I’ve learned so much about myself in this process and I owe it all to you guys. We have discussed so many options and remedies for my symptoms, and not once did you all give up on me. I can never repay you all for giving me a second chance at life. My quality of life has improved so much! I now know pain management is more than narcotic pain meds and ignoring my pain. I have learned how to deal with the pain, accept it, change the cause of it, and rebuild piece by piece. And you all have done just that, pieced me back together and handed me my life back!
Again, words can’t express my gratitude and what you all have done for me and my family. You all restored me and added extra years on to my life. Thank you!
Hours: Mon-Fri | 7:30am-5:00pm
View Our Opioid Therapy Statement