How to Prepare Cajun Shrimp
Light, easy foods cooked on the grill are quick fast and healthy! Note: when using bamboo skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes so they don’t burn on the grill.
Cajun Shrimp Ingredients:
Shrimp are not only anti-inflammatory, but they are high in vitamin D!
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco®
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of large orange
- Juice of large lemon
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 heaping tablespoons dry jerk seasoning
- ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound shrimp [For the easiest preparation, look for large, fresh, shelled and de-veined shrimp. If using frozen shrimp, still look for large, shelled and de-veined – and then just float in a bowl of water to quick-defrost.]
- ¼ cup olive oil
Cajun Shrimp – Whisk together all ingredients except shrimp in a shallow bowl. Place shrimp in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 10 but no more than 30 minutes.
Thread shrimp onto skewers, or create a foil “pan” to be placed on the grill.
Cook shrimp for approximately 2 minutes per side – shrimp will be pink and will curl. Take care not to overcook.