Victoria Gleichman, PA
- Certified Physician Assistant
Victoria Gleichman (PA) is originally from Louisville, Kentucky. She received a bachelor of science degree in psychology at the University of Kentucky. After graduating, Victoria attended the physician assistant program at the Medical University of South Carolina.
Victoria has a background in traumatic brain injury research, something she is very passionate about. In her spare time she enjoys reading, writing, traveling, and hiking the mountain ranges around Phoenix. Victoria is actively involved in her church and is currently writing a book.
Education and Awards
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
• M.S. in Physician Assistant Studies, May 2011 – August 2013
• Graduation Date: August 17, 2013
Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY
• Non-degree student, Summer 2010
• Coursework includes: science pre-requisites for physician assistant program
University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
• B.S. in Psychology, awarded May 2010
• Honors program, Fall 2006 – Spring 2010
• Presidential Scholarship Recipient, Fall 2006 – Spring 2009
Kentucky Governor’s Scholar Program, Richmond, KY
• Selected for a summer residential program for outstanding high school students funded by the Kentucky State Legislature and the Office of the Governor – Summer 2005
Arizona Regulatory Board of Physician Assistants- License #5611
National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants- ID#1113162, expires 12/31/2015
American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Training, expires 02/07/2016
American Heart Association ACLS for Healthcare Providers Training, expires 06/11/2016
American Heart Association PALS Provider, expires 11/02/2016
Healthcare-Related Professional Experience
Wichita Falls Cardiac Care, Venkat Thota MD, Wichita Falls, TX
Technician, November 2010 – May 2011
• Performed a variety of patient care duties in a private outpatient cardiology clinic in rural Wichita Falls, Texas. I also traveled with a team of health care providers several times a week to other small clinics within 60 miles of the Wichita Falls city border to provide care.
• Recorded medical histories, vital signs, patients’ symptoms, current medications, and overall conditions.
• Performed a variety of clinical procedures including: 12-lead EKG acquisition, Ankle Brachial Index tests, Holter Monitor placement, assisted in Cardiac Exercise Stress Test facilitation.
• Performed routine clerical duties, such as processing physician orders, completed diagnostic routines, and maintaining inventory.
The Refuge Medical Clinic, Jessamine County, KY
Volunteer, August 2009 – August 2010
• Performed patient care duties in a non-profit rural health clinic that serves over 2,800 uninsured and under-served residents of Fayette and Jessamine counties.
• Recorded medical histories, vital signs, patients’ symptoms, current medications, and overall conditions. I also educated and provided patients with healthcare supplies, and assisted with clinic set-up and cleanup.
• Performed a variety of clinical procedures including specimen collection, venipuncture for blood collection, and 12-lead EKG acquisition.
UK Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center, Lexington, KY
Student Researcher, August 2009-May 2010
Lab Technician, May 2010 – September 2010
• Independent research project: Thesis on Neurobiological Mechanisms Underlying Alcoholism and Treatment. Immunohistochemistry of neuronal proteins, fluorescent neuronal tissue microscopy, surgical hippocampal removal in rat brains, sterilized surgical equipment, maintenance of cell culture, behavioral evaluation of alcohol behavior in rodents, analytical measurement of Blood Ethanol Concentrations, statistical analyses of BEC data.
Affiliations and Memberships
South Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants
Member, May 2011-Present
• Volunteered at state CME conference silent auction, whose proceeds benefitted the Class of 2013 PA program.
American Academy of Physician Assistants
Member, May 2011-Present
• Attended Capital Connections Conference March 2012 in Washington, D.C.. Met with South Carolina senators and representatives to lobby for National PA advocacy issues.
• Attended IMPACT 2013, a national PA conference May 2013 in Washington, D.C.
Medical Mission Trips
Southeast Christian Church Medical Missions, September 2010, Mashoko, Zimbabwe
Seacoast Church Global Missions, August 2012, Leon, Nicaragua