Staying regular.

Discussion in 'Constipation' started by Cindi Roberts, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Cindi Roberts

Cindi Roberts Moderator Staff Member Moderator

When I was at my new pain doctors appointment we talked about the problems that come with pain medications.....constipation. How to prevent it and if you can't prevent it how to fix it without going to the drug store. This was the information she gave me.

Start out your morning with taking a tablespoon of coconut oil, doesn't have to be the expensive brand just pure coconut oil. She puts it in her coffee but talked about putting it in cocoa, teas if you are doing backing instead of the regular oil use coconut oil. There are so many other benefits that come with coconut oil but this is about constipation.

Everyday drink a glass of real coconut water,not that Sobe is bad water it just isn't "real" coconut water.

When you bake and it asks for corn syrup use dark corn syrup. Making bake beans with molasses helps with the molasses. If you are having trouble and like to bake make yourself a batch of molasses cookies. If you use coconut oil in place of the regular oil that will give you an extra boost. If the recipe asks for brown sugar get the darkest brown sugar as that too will help.

Want something to drink that is warm heat up some milk and add a tablespoon of molasses or coconut oil will help you for your nightly dream land.

If you are already constipated melt a tablespoon of butter and heat up a glass of prune juice combined them and there is a drink you can drink every few hours. Drinking a glass of prune juice a day can help you out a lot. When it comes to prunes one serving consists of 4 prunes. I have changed raisins in my oatmeal cookies to cut up pieces of prunes and my kids only noticed the hint of the coconut oil that I used.

I read a research article about water and they said the first thing you should do is get an 8 ounce glass of water to help wake up your body but to also help your digestive system wake up too.

I hope this helps you out in some way and I look forward to reading other people's solution to the problem we all have to deal with while dealing with our Chronic Pain.

Nicolle likes this.
  2. Nicolle

Nicolle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Those are some great tips Cindi! Thanks for sharing. My daughter suffers from chronic constipation and I find that 4oz of pear juice help maintain her regular. But for those days where pear juice is not enough Miralax works wonders!

jenwebb likes this.
  3. Cindi Roberts

I found something that works like magic and tastes wonderful. As I mentioned above the drinking of coconut water. Well coconut water doesn't really taste that well, if you are drinking real coconut water. I was in a dollar store and found coconut juice. It has actual parts of coconut pieces and tastes wonderful. It worked like a charm. Two days of drinking two cans each day helped like a charm . I also found coconut milk that along with the coconut oil I put it in my coffee gives it a ting of coconut taste but not that much and works wonderful. The best things is that it is soooo much cheaper then buying coconut water. I found the same brand for coconut water in the grocery store one can had two servings and had a bad after taste. The coconut juice which had the same brand as the water tasted much better as did the oil. The cans of coconut juice is only a dollar and the milk is also a dollar all made by the same brand as the water from the grocery store.The milk is cheaper then buying creamer again a creamer is over a dollar while the coconut milk is only a dollar and lasts a long time. I only use the coconut milk one time a day. Good luck and I hope you can find these products.

4. TimothyCran

TimothyCran New Member

Have you ever tried Bragg Organic Apple Cider to treat constipation? It has worked well for me and others.

5. Cindi Roberts

I forgot about that but I have used it. I also used it a lot when my oldest was a baby. He always had trouble when he was a baby. We tried everything and our doctor suggested we try this. He also advised Pear juice. While the only way an adult can get pear juice is in the baby isle or make it yourself it does work. Thank you for the suggestion and advise. We love hearing from others.