New tens unit.

Discussion in 'Tens Unit' started by Charlene R Patsko, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Charlene R Patsko

Charlene R Patsko New Member

I purchased a new tens unit in the spring that was suggested to me by the young man that was giving me PT. It was referred to as a activity unit I think. It has 4 gel pad electrodes that attach to the belt as does unit that operates the electrodes. This unit releases from the belt and clips into the charger as one unit. There are no wires to deal with. The belt, with the gel electrodes are worn under you clothing, no wires needed, no unit clipped to your belt or in you pocket. I don't think Medicare will pay for it but maybe private insurance will. I paid for my own and get my own gel patches on line. this unit is made by Empi. It's very nice because it very portable and comfortable. I've have several brands of tens units and othe then the name on the units and the amount paid for each, I've found all to be very useful. I use it on my back , my shoulder and my knee. I'm sure that there will be more uses down the road.

Cindi Roberts likes this.
  2. Cindi Roberts

Cindi Roberts Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Medicare is actually doing a petition to doctors and physical therapists to get TENS units covered again. Yours sounds awesome. I have a belt but it has wires just really short ones. I love the belt because it gets closer to the skin and doesn't move around like some of the electrodes can do when you use just electrodes.

3. Charlene R Patsko

Charlene R Patsko New Member

I paid $179.00 for it. But I buy my gel electrodes for a place on line their cheaper. I like it very much but if the battery goes I might have to repace the whole tens unit.

4. Cindi Roberts

Cindi Roberts Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I am so jealous. I am due for a new one. Mine had just worn out. I use to use mine daily. The biggest reason I am not really apt to buy one, other then that my insurance doesn't pay for it anymore. Is they are hoping to get me into an internal one. Keep using yours. Once you max the unit out so you cannot increase the strength anymore, stop using it for a month then start doing it again. Just like narctotics after you take them for so long they stop working as well so if you wait a little while you can go back onto the med and it will work better. Good luck in using what I call my best friend.

5. monijain

monijain New Member

My uncle was suffering from lower back pain for 6 month, He had tried various ointments and medications but none of them was effective which left only one option for her and that was to take high doses of pain killers which have their own side effects. Before one week my friend told me about tens unit massager. He can use this product himself and in few minutes only he gets relief from his lower back pain.

6. joe rogers

joe rogers New Member

I used a tens unit about 10 years ago so they may be much improved now. My unit did o.k. when I was setting in the chair at my home but I found it difficult to work in. One day while I was working I somehow hit the control which turned it to high and I thought I was gonna die before I got that unit turned off. It felt like I had ran through an electric fence. After that I put it in the closet where still remains today!