Need help, miserable from neck/shoulder blade pain

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself (Tell Your Story)' started by Mike76904, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Mike76904

Mike76904 New Member

Almost 10 years ago I was in a car accident and I was hit from behind then the extreme force slammed me into the vehicle in front of me. I had extreme neck and back pain. Tests showed I had slight herniations in c5 & c6. I was prescribed norco 7.5 4x daily and soma 3x daily. It did help some for about 6 months and then my norco went up to 10/325 4x day. I then started having pain blocks and rhizototomys. In the past 10 years I have now had 29 procedures. My norco 10/325 graduated to 8x day along with baclofen. When norco became schedule ll, my pain dr dismissed me due to to many patients. I found another pain dr and he prescribed my Tylenol 4 8x day and baclofen 10 mg 4x day. I was still having pain blocks and rhizotomys as well as trigger point injections. After 18 months with this dr he upped my baclofen to 20 mg 4x day and then opana 5 mg 2x day. Honestly I can't tell much of a difference and still in constant pain. I have chron's disease so taking anti inflammatory meds causes bleeding so those are not an option. I have had many surgical consults but the odds of me still having pain are still high so I have refrained from surgery. I am at a loss of what to do, between the pain and my chron's I am unable to work. I am in so much pain it's hard to be active. Since all of this I have anxiety and if I get upset it makes all my symptoms much worse. I should also mention I'm on anxiety meds as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!