Neck pain hurts bad

Discussion in 'Neck Pain' started by ChronicPainMom, Mar 24, 2015.

1. ChronicPainMom

ChronicPainMom New Member

Neck pain hurts. Non repenting I can't move my head. My pm doc gave me shots said work and nope hurts more than ever... Bone spurs, arthritis, Stenosis, and slight bulging in neck.

2. Cindi Roberts

Cindi Roberts Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Have you tried a TENS unit? I use mine on my neck all the time. I have had a failed surgery on my neck and now use my TENS unit every day and it really helps, warning if you have long hair you are going to want it up as high as you can the leads will pull your hair. lol In your introduction message I also mentioned another type of injection instead of epidural that might help. Good luck.

3. Bethstevenson

Bethstevenson New Member

I've been a patient of Kaiser Permanente for many years. It's the most affordable HMO/insurance out there right now. Unfortunately, as I've gotten older and my physical condition worsens, I've discovered that they while they really work well for healthy people - they have serious issues dealing with any kind of chronic condition. And they're terrible for chronic pain. So, I will be leaving Kaiser in October, mainly so I can get some effective help for my pain. I have had 5 cervical spine surgeries from 2007-2010. I have multiple pain generators in my neck, ranging from bulging discs (the ones I have left), severe arthritis, osteophytes everywhere, spinal stenosis, foraminal closing, etc., etc., etc. my left arm is pretty much denervated, with constant parasthesias and radiating pain in my neck, shoulder, and down to my hand. Constant headaches. Loss of strength and coordination (never hand me anything to my left hand! It's hitting the floor!)
    I'm on SSI, and Medicaid. I can't afford Kaiser's complementary medical services - acupuncture, massage, etc.. I'm pretty much stuck with pharmaceutical help. I take methadone, Vicodin and Valium for the pain and spasm. I've asked to have my pain regimen changed up for years. I've known that I've developed a tolerance, and I need something elsooe. After many struggles, and the new federal regs, I'm kind of getting my wish. I have an epidural and nerve root injection scheduled next month (it's already been a month waiting), and my new primary care insists on weaning me off Valium. I'll switch to the fentanyl patch in about a week. I struggle against going on any of the anti-convulsants or anti-depressants as I had some bad experiences. I'm hugely frustrated that Kaiser doesn't offer effective pain management. I would love to see someone who knows what they're talking about. I'd like to get some life back. My current docs tell me they are comfortable with my pain level at 4-5. I would say they have no idea of what a 24/7 pain level of 4-5 does to you. Anyone else have experience with Kaiser? Can anyone give me a good direction to go in the Denver Metro area? Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  4. Cindi Roberts

Cindi Roberts Moderator Staff Member Moderator

On paindoctor.com we have a section where you can put your address and look up pain doctors closest to your area.

5. wegas

wegas New Member

6. jasonmarklope

jasonmarklope New Member

First you must know what is causing the pain , i think mostly it might be due to the bites of camel spider. These venomous creatures sneak and prey on humans whilst they are asleep. So please i recommend check this out for additional info for camel spider prevention, Before it leads to any more fatal pain in that area. As symptoms of those bites mostly occur in that area, From what i have heard.

7. Keith Bruce

Keith Bruce New Member

8. wegas

wegas New Member

neck pain is a very bad pain for me due to work on chair continually for many hours I become a victim of severe neck pain. Nowadays I have a much work I'm working an office. so for relaxing I
    Afcon 2017
    Africa cup of nation 2017 because I'm very interested in soccer.

9. Sheronrogers

Sheronrogers New Member

Sleeping without pillow will help you to great extent. You must first go for natural remedies if they doesn't work then try some medicines or surgeries.
    All the very best

10. S38402

S38402 New Member

I found this online program: https://online.spinezone.com/ to be very helpful with my neck & back pain. Let me return to normal life and activity

11. Terry Lee

Terry Lee New Member

For all kinds of chronic pains which were not caused by broken bones or bone malpositions, you can try China traditional practices “Paida and Acupressure” treatment to relief or eliminate chronic pains.
    "Paida and Acupressue” are deep level treatments while “physiotherapy, massage and acupuncture” are just superficial level treatments. Without deep level treatments to repair all blocked blood vessels, superficial treatments can only relief pains within short times but never completely get rid of the pains.

If you are interested in “Paida and Acupressure”, you can visit www.painsdown.com for more information.