Is is possible to only have carpal tunnel while you are pregnant?

Discussion in 'Carpal Tunnel' started by Cindi Roberts, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Cindi Roberts

Cindi Roberts Moderator Staff Member Moderator

While I was pregnant with my son I was working as a waitress to help us while I went to school. By the fourth month I started getting numb fingers and loads of pain. My OB/GYN sent me to have tests done on my arms and was told I had carpal tunnel but less then a year after my third son was born my wrists were fine and I didn't have anymore pain. Then surprise we were given another gift of our last son. I was still in school but at a different job. By the second month I started having pain again. I was sent to an Orthopedic to see if there was anything that could be done to relieve some of the pain. The doctor joked and said for me to just have my child. It was worse this pregnancy but after about three months after my youngest was born the pain was gone. Now my question is can you just get Carpal Tunnel during your pregnancy? I am on the computer a lot more then I have ever been. The only two things different from now and during the pregnancy is the pregnancy and the job. So wondering is it possible to only have carpal tunnel while pregnant.

2. Krissi Rosy

Krissi Rosy New Member

I'm just starting to try so I have't experienced this..yet. I work with a girl though (well she is off on maturnity leave right now) who struggled really bad with carpal tunnel during her pregnancy....which is how i found out how common this is. She used a wrist wrap called BFST (blood flow stimulation therapy) and said it did wonders for her. I seen her with it on all throughout the work day.

3. TimothyCran

TimothyCran New Member

What I have found to help with carpal tunnel and joint pain is a diet high in fats/ oils. It seems to help lubricate the organs, joints and bones of the body. I was told to consume more olive oil, coconut oil, avocadoes, nuts, and MegaRed as my vitamin.

4. Cindi Roberts

Cindi Roberts Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I wore braces during my pregnancy and haven't had any trouble since the pregnancy. I use a lot of coconut oil. I put a tablespoon in each cup of coffee or cocoa. I also put it in a lot of my cooking. It helps with the pain alone with swelling in my joints. Coconut oil is also good in your diet if you have opiates that may cause constipation coconut water and oil really helps with that. I drink a lot of coconut water and juice it really helps with my hip pain. Thank you for the ideas. I also use a lot of Omega 3 oils since it also helps with heart trouble and I was born with a mitrovalve prolapse and my grandfather and father died from congestive heart failure and plan on doing anything I can to stop it. So I take Omega 3,6 and 9 a long with the MegaRed. I have raw almonds in my house all the time for me to munch on. I measure about 1/4 cup of them each day and eat an avacado wrap once a week to help with the good oils to help with my heart. Thanks Timothy for the suggestions.

5. sparks

sparks New Member

Im sorry to interrupt but im trying to help my gf, hold on girls.