Hip Pain getting worse

Discussion in 'Hip Pain' started by mindset, Oct 29, 2014.

1. mindset

mindset New Member

Hi everyone.

I was quite a sprite and sporty 50 + something. I'm now 60 years old and have now suffered from widespread chronic pain for the last 7 years.

Summer 2014

In July, this summer, almost 4 months ago, I accidentally suffered a severe groin strain and while the stabbing pain of the groin strain has subsided, I now am suffering from pain throughout my hip joint so much so I can hardly put any weight on it without searing pain and my leg gives way. My doc has given me paracetamol and morphine sulphate but these hardly touch the pain.

After so long you would think that the healing process would have been completed, but I wonder if the Widespread Chronic Pain condition has hijacked the injury. I had Hips skeletal.jpg been taking pregabalin to keep the generalised WCP under control with reasonable success. Any suggestions, please, Im in agony! Thanks. David

Hips skeletal.jpg

2. jenwebb

jenwebb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The fact that pregabalin (known as Lyrica in the US) helped your pain makes it sound like you may have suffered a nerve injury. We all know there are a lot of nerves in the groin and pelvic areas, and they can become inflamed by being stretched, cut surgically, infection, or other things. The Pain Doctor site has information on Inguinal Neuralgia with reference links you may want to read or ask your doctor to consider. This may not be what you have, of course. Best of luck to you!

3. mindset

mindset New Member

Thank you for your reply. There may be some misunderstanding. I take pregabalin all the time for my chronic pain and it has had no affect on my groin / hip area. My doctor has given me generic painkillers. What I need to find out is what else should I be taking for this acute pain!?

David

4. Cindi Roberts

Cindi Roberts Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Have they done an MRI of your hip area to see if there is anything wrong? You might do go getting a manipulation done or possibly a cortisone injection to the inflamed area.

5. John McPherson

John McPherson New Member

Mindset- I suffered years of hip/groin pain as well as low back issues. Please take a look into this - it saved my life:
    Have you heard of mbs? (Mind body syndrome) Do yourself a favor and read up on this stuff - it could save you a lot of time and pain. Here are a couple helpful resources:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/
    http://www.unlearnyourpain.com/

6. wegas

wegas New Member

ohh very sad to here your pain story.

7. Pegs

Pegs New Member

Mindset
    I recently received a stem cell paste injection into my damaged pudendal nerve area last month. I am happy to say that this has greatly helped my nerve pain. This stem cell paste injection can also be injected into any disc or joint. The stem cells are harvested from the adipose (fat) tissue of the abdominal. Then the stem cells are separated & counted by computerized equipment before the injection. These stem cells will stay at the injection site for 2years. The stem cells will be healing and combating inflammation/ pain. The stem cells will even grow new cartilage for that joint. The stem cells will heal any bulging, herniated, ruptured, or degenerative disc. If you would like more information about the stem cell paste injection, please send me a message. Take care......

8. Maryphillips

Maryphillips New Member

You can try Thai or any massage therapy, it greatly works for reducing the pain.
    All the best

9. Terry Lee

Terry Lee New Member

For all kinds of chronic pains which were not caused by broken bones or bone malpositions, you can try China traditional practices “Paida and Acupressure” treatment to relief or eliminate chronic pains.
    "Paida and Acupressue” are deep level treatments while “physiotherapy, massage and acupuncture” are just superficial level treatments. Without deep level treatments to repair all blocked blood vessels, superficial treatments can only relief pains within short times but never completely get rid of the pains.

If you are interested in “Paida and Acupressure”, you can visit www.painsdown.com for more information.