Chest Pain but no Heart Disease

Discussion in 'Chest Pain' started by Cindi Roberts, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Cindi Roberts

Cindi Roberts Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I was born with Mitrovalve Prolapse. I get pain in my chest out of no where. I have looked this up everywhere but have not found out where the pain is coming from. The only way I think is from the Mitrovalve Prolapse. The pain is so intense that sometimes it puts me on my knees unable to breath.

I was told in the forth grade that I had a heart murmur. This means that one of my valves is longer then the others and one is shorter then the others so there is a skip in my heart beats.

I have had EKG;s, Echocardiograms and Upper GI series. None of them come back anything but normal as far as test result go. Nevertheless the Upper GI always ends up making me vomit for a few hours after having this done from the barium. The medicine that is used for the Upper GI is suppose to see how things go as you swallow they xray it as it goes from your mouth until your stomach ends.then the medicine they have to use on the Echocradiograms gives me a migraine. One of the medicine is to see how the outer part of the heart lining is. Is the wall getting too think, or in my case is the wall getting too thin. Then there is another medicine that is shaken really good before shaking it into the IV and inserted. This is to see if there is any leaks in the wall of the heart. Do they see any of the bubbles come out of any holes in the heart.

Well nothing showed up bad, most everything is normal but that the wall of my heart is really thin for my age. My family has many generations of heat disease. Many with Afib and another with Congestive Heart Failure. With all of these the walls of the hearts are known to be getting thicker at my age. I am 46. Instead of my heart getting thicker my heart is getting thinner.

So there has been no answer to the reasons for my chest pain. Does anyone else have any ideas.for what may be causing pains in my chest. I would gladly take any ideas. Thank you ahead of ideas.

2. wegas

wegas New Member

oh very sad to hear your sad pain story. hope u will get soon. by the way in this situation, you don't need to have to take stress pick remote and switch on tv for
    wacth Afcon 2017 live.

3. Ruth Hudson

Ruth Hudson New Member

Does anyone know about a pain in chest time to time? Need some suggestion to overcome form it.