R. Alan Moore, MD
- Board Certified in Anesthesiology
Dr. Alan Moore is board-certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology and works as a pain management specialist using innovative treatments with patients in the Bellaire, Spring, and Woodlands-North offices of Pain Doctor.
Dr. Alan Moore – Education and Experience
Dr. Alan Moore began his journey as a pain management specialist at his father’s side, watching his first operation at the age of 12. His next job mopping floors in the operating room only solidified his desire to become a doctor. He attended Baylor College of Medicine, completing his anesthesiology residency at the University of Mississippi. Dr. Moore has been practicing anesthesiology and pain management for decades and brings extensive experience in cutting-edge pain management techniques.
Dr. Alan Moore has worked specifically in the treatment of migraines and headaches, focusing also on neck pain and pain in the extremities. He specializes in developing holistic treatment plans that include minimally-invasive surgical techniques and implantable neurostimulation devices.
Dr. Moore is the former chief of staff at Methodist Diagnostic Hospital in Houston and also served on the board of trustees for that institution.
- Subspecialty Certification: Certificate of Additional Qualification, American Board of Anesthesiology, 1998
- Fellow: American Academy of Pain Management, 1991
- Board-Certified: American Board of Anesthesiology, 1981
- Anesthesiology Residency: University of Mississippi, 1979
- MD: Baylor College of Medicine, 1976
- President: Pain Management Center of Houston
- Former Board of Trustees: Methodist Diagnostic Hospital, Houston, TX
- Former Chief of Staff: Methodist Diagnostic Hospital, Houston, TX
- Member: American Medical Association, Texas Medical Association, Harris County Medical Society, American Society of Anesthesiologists, Texas Society of Anesthesiologists, American
- Academy of Pain Management, American Pain Society
- Consultant: Regional Advisory Council, Chronic Pain Network
- Licensed: State of Texas
Dr. Alan Moore’s work in the community
Dr. Moore believes that his work in the community as a pain management specialist is the most important work he can be doing today. He credits his father, Alan Moore Sr., for encouraging him at a young age to work hard in service to others, saying:
“…I literally worked my way up from mopping floors in the OR to becoming the pain-relief specialist that I am today. I’m glad Dad encouraged me to become a doctor. I get great satisfaction out of helping patients out of pain. Eighty percent of all my new patients are sent to me by other doctors. These referring doctors know I have access to the latest pain-relief innovations and discoveries due to my fellowship training and my ongoing postdoctoral education.”
In his free time, Dr. Alan Moore has a wide array of interests that include sailing, SCUBA diving, snow skiing, backpacking, photography, videography, video production, and editing.
Dr. Alan Moore: Research and thought leadership
As a fellow with the American Academy of Pain Management, Dr. Alan Moore is a thought leader in the fields of anesthesiology and pain management. Dr. Moore is also an active member in the following organizations:
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Texas Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Academy of Pain Management
- American Pain Society
Dr. Alan Moore’s compassionate and skilled work as a pain management specialist has also earned him the following awards:
- Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012 – 2014)
- Patients’ Choice Award (2008 – 2015)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009 – 2010, 2012 – 2015)
- Top 10 Doctor – State (2014): Texas Pain Medicine
- Top 10 Doctor – Metro Area (2014): Greater Houston Pain Medicine
Dr. Alan Moore’s Story
“My dad is an anesthesiologist and he was the primary influence in my getting into the profession. And although Dad encouraged me to think about being a doctor, he never pushed me. He took me to see my first operation when I was 12. I was interested in what I saw, and a few years later I got a summer job as an orderly at the hospital where Dad worked. So I literally worked my way up from mopping floors in the OR to becoming the pain-relief specialist that I am today.
I’m glad Dad encouraged me to become a doctor. I get great satisfaction out of helping patients out of pain. Eighty percent of all my new patients are sent to me by other doctors. These referring doctors know I have access to the latest pain-relief innovations and discoveries due to my fellowship training and my ongoing postdoctoral education.”
In his spare time, Dr. Moore enjoys sailing, SCUBA diving, snow skiing, backpacking, photography, videography and video production and editing.
Call any one of Dr. Alan Moore’s three clinic locations to make an appointment with this pain doctor today.
Book Your Appointment
Hours: Mon-Fri | 8am-5pm
Your Clinical TeamChris Hayes, PA
The Woodlands - North
Hours: Mon-Fri | 8am-5pm